Sunday, September 14, 2008

Violation of People's Personal Property

Violation of any kind is WRONG! It is unacceptable and these people should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Can you believe that someone broke into my brother in-laws truck while we were shopping in Super Target?

It was unbelievable to know that these suspecting thieves were cruising around the parking lot scoping out different trucks. We were beside ourselves because it did not seem real. We could not believe that people were so bold to try and steal a vehicle in a crowded parking lot.

How can people do that to one another in times like this? Yes, I know the economy is bad, but why try to make it bad for someone else. It is going to cost him $300 - $500 to get his door locks fixed. Do people actually think money grows on tree, that people can just go in the back yard or drive down the street and pick some. Gas is already eating up peoples paychecks, people are going into foreclosure and loosing their jobs. The audacity of these people to do something like this.

Why do we do this to one another? Why should you take from the people who are struggling just to make just like you?

How would you feel if this happened to you?

4 comments:

Suprina said...

Paula, I would feel violated, too. In fact, my family and I have felt that way most recently when our car (the only one we had at the time) was stolen right out of the driveway one pre-dawn morning. Out of the driveway!!!!

Fortunately, the police found it before the sun set that same day. The steering wheel column was broken and requiring costly repairs (which we didn't have the funds to fix at the time). On top of that, not more than a week later, the thieves tried to steal the car again. Again!!

The nerve of some people.

Anyway, one of our neighbors called the police that time. Plus the thieves couldn't have driven the car off anyhow because we had started taking the battery out every night and have been taking it out ever since. Sad, but necessary and so true. Add that to all the other drama I was going through in my life at the time and know that a sista was feeling some kind of way.

But check this out, Paula, just 2 weeks ago, God blessed us with another car. It was given to us. Given! Now we have 2 vehicles and possibly 2 more to come (a work truck for hubby and a sedan that we can use for my book tours). Praise God!

I hope I encouraged you today to know that this too shall pass, Paula. That in spite of everything that evil folks try to do to us, we are not without help. We are not forsaken!

Much luv.

Suprina

Paula said...

These people have to much nerves!

The driveway Suprina?

This will soon pass and the only thing we can do is pray about it. I am very happy for you and your husband. I am especially happy about the car for your book tours because definitely feel like people should hear all of the messages in your books.

You are like a prophet someone that all these young people can relate to.

Thanks

Suprina said...

*chuckling*

I don't know about that prophet thing, but I do try to leave my heart open for God to speak through me in whatever way He chooses. If it's through romance novels, then so be it.

Thanks for all the encouragement, Paula. Maybe I'll even make it down to your city next year. You never know.

Suprina

Paula said...

Yes, you try and do that!